Some of the Little Things
I was looking back through the blog and I realised that you guys are getting all these big things in my life without really knowing much about me. I struggle with all things identity (which is a big thing for people with BPD) but I’m trying. I’m trying to figure myself out. I know little things, like favourite films and TV shows or whatever, but when it comes to who I am as a person, I feel very unsure. I’ll write more about that at some point but, for the moment, here are some of the little things:
- I don’t drink tea or coffee.
- My favourite books are The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Finding Home by Cecilia Knapp (although that was a show first), The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, Sounds Like Me by Sara Bareilles, and the Tomorrow When The War Began series by John Marsden. Oh, and I really enjoyed Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert.
- When I was twelve, I wrote a twenty thousand word story. It’s still on the hard drive of my computer.
- I play guitar and piano, not super well but enough to write and accompany myself.
- I love strawberry milkshakes.
- My favourite colour totally depends on my mood but I will probably always love blue the most.
- As a kid, I was obsessed with history, especially Ancient Egypt.
- I really want to see the Northern Lights.
- One of my all time favourite songs is ‘Wish You Were Here’ by Pink Floyd.
- My favourite place in the UK is Norfolk and my favourite place outside the UK is Nashville, but I also loved Australia and New Zealand.
- My favourite subjects at school were Maths, History, and Psychology.
- I love Harry Potter and it was a huge part of my childhood. I read the last book in less than two days. My favourite book is Order of the Phoenix and my favourite film is probably Prisoner of Azkaban or Half Blood Prince. And whenever I had exams, I’d put them on in the background while I was revising. When I first signed up to Pottermore, I was sorted into Ravenclaw but I forgot the password and it was an old email address so I had to sign up again and I was sorted into Slytherin. And when I took an online quiz, it said I was equally all the houses so who knows.
- Puns are my favourite type of humour.
- I’ve never broken a bone, although I have cracked a rib.
- My favourite movies are Cloud Atlas, Tomorrow When The War Began, I Robot, Nausicaa, and The Fault in Our Stars. And Arrival.
- I love swimming.
- I don’t think I’ve ever been in love but I have had my heart broken.
- I’m fascinated by space and the universe.
- I’m a big TV show person and I love Agents of Shield, Supergirl, Criminal Minds, Reign, Scott and Bailey, Fringe, Orphan Black, Nikita, Sanctuary, Stargate SG-1, Law and Order SVU, and Stalker. I have also enjoyed Doctor Who, Torchwood, Spooks, Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice, and Glee.
- I love the musical Wicked and my favourite Elphaba is Willemijn Verkaik.
- I’m terrified of going to the dentist.
- I’ve always loved animals and my dog and cat make me so, so happy.
- I have a degree in Songwriting.
- I was born in London.
- Amanda Tapping is my hero and I’ve been lucky enough to meet her. She is the loveliest human being alive.
- I listen to a lot of different music but my absolute favourites are Taylor Swift, Sara Bareilles, Against Me!, Halsey, OneRepublic, Maren Morris, Lauren Aquilina, and Natalie Hemby. There are lots more but that could take a while.
So now you know a bit more about me. Hopefully this gives a little context to all the other stuff I post.